A downloadable game for Windows
Crashed on a hostile alien world in the depths of space, fight your way to freedom using only your wits to stay alive. Your fellow survivors might lend a hand... or betray you!
Loot Rascals is a card-swapping roguelike with asynchronous 'steal or share' multiplayer and a retro sci-fi aesthetic. It is turn-based and deeply strategic, but free-moving and fun to play.
- Escape from procedurally-generated levels in 5 unique styles, each with their own features and challenges
- Players min-max their character with loot in the form of cards collected from defeated alien baddies
- Loads of Secrets and advanced strategies to discover
- in Loot Rascals the baddies can loot your Cards
- these baddies then appear in other players' games. Kill them and the other player's Card will drop
- will you return it to them or keep it for yourself?
- each player has a Hologram who visits other people's games, to help or seek vengeance!
REFINERY EDITION & RELEASE
The game will be released in early 2017 on Playstation 4 and PC (Steam), but we're releasing a small number of keys on itch.io for players who want to get in first, and help us refine and fine-tune it.
All refinery edition purchases will receive a Steam key when we launch the final version of the game.
Everything in the Refinery Edition of Loot Rascals is at a release level of polish. However it's not done,
- The final area of the game, which includes the final battle with The Thing Below isn't done yet - this will ship with the Release version of the game.
- We're going to be balancing and tweaking the game considerably between this version and release, basing our decisions on the stats that the Refinery Edition players will generate.
- We've fixed all the bugs we've found so far, but will address any issues that arise from people playing the Refinery Edition as we go.
WHY ITCH IO?
Right now itch.io is the only online store who give us the tools we need for the Refinery Edition, including automated update deployment, limiting the number of keys that are available, and providing private forums for our players.
Plus, they've been fantastic to work with, and we're into what they're doing, so we're very happy to support them!
For Loot Rascals' online interactions to work you need to sign in so that you can access the server. This can be done automatically if you launch the game via the itch app. You can also log in via your Facebook or Google account.
Intel Core2 Duo E8400, 3.0GHz / AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 6400+, 3.2GHz
Graphics Card: MUST HAVE at least 1gb of VRAM, and support OpenGL 3.0
If you think your system meets this spec but the game isn't working or running well enough then just contact us for a refund on email@example.com (but please let us know what your spec is so we know!)
For reporting bugs and crashes more information can be found in our forums over here.
Get exclusive access to this game by purchasing while quantities last.
Help us get Loot Rascals ship shape for release by buying a refinery edition of the game!
You will get access to the following files: